11.17.2011

• BAKE THOSE BEETS •

I am in ♥ with baked beets...seriously. They are easy to make and oh so healthy!  You can top them like a baked potato, and they are way more flavorful {not to mention, more nutritious} than a potato!  
Like I said this is super simple to make. I always recommend buying organic and these beets are no exception. They are reasonably priced and buying organic, whenever possible, is always better. I topped one half of my beet with sour cream, fresh dill, and a sprinkle of sea salt. The other half was plain; and quite honestly, I preferred it plain.  The flavor of the natural beet is absolutely perfect!
I know it looks like loads of salt, but it really isn't, most of it ended up on my baking pan.  All I did was rub the outside of the beets with extra-virgin olive oil and sea salt...that's it! { They take about 45 minutes to bake in the oven.} You can also slice them and make a beet salad, which is an equally flavorful option. 
I made a ginger lemonade to enjoy with my baked beets.  
I baked these beets on a beautiful autumn afternoon, so I was inspired to choose some beautiful music:
1)  Satisfy My Soul - Bob Marley
2)  Eres Para Mi - Julieta Venegas
3)  Home - Edward Sharpe & the Magnetic Zeros
4)  Only Love Can Break Your Heart - Neil Young
5)  Sol Tapado - Thievery Corporation

Just another perfect day in LA!

No comments:

Post a Comment