2.04.2012

• HAPPY ACCIDENT •


Ever make something you've done a thousand times over, but for some reason it just didn't turn out? Frustrating, I know. I've made Stromboli more times than I can count, and it usually turns out the same way. New Years Eve I made a couple different Strombolis to snack on. I just did my thing - make the dough, let it rise, make the filling, roll it out, slap some filling in there, roll it back up, let it rise again and cook. I could probably do it in my sleep. Well, one little stromboli decided it did not want to roll properly and ended up turning into more of a mess than anything else. I admit, I was a little frustrated and took the rolled up mess and kind of threw it on the counter thinking that I had wasted precious dough and filling. While muttering a few choice curse words I stumbled upon my happy accident.

Plan B: I loosely kneaded the dough and some of the salami, cheese and sausage filling and put into my dutch oven in a heap, let it rise again until it filled out the bottom then I cooked it for about 30-40 minutes or so. Voila - it was tasty cheese salami bread that we snacked on New Years day in our jammies while we watched movies and waited for the pork and sauerkraut to finish cooking.

My happy accident...


No comments:

Post a Comment