9.12.2011

• DAIRY-FREE PB & J BANANA MUFFINS •


Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches = comfort...Freshly baked muffins = comfort...PB & J Banana Muffins = the ultimate comfort treat!!! 

really like peanut butter and jelly; I think most people do, it's a classic after all. Remember those jars of Smucker's Goober peanut butter and jelly stripes? I honestly think I only tried it once, many, many years ago and I remember that pre-made artificial concoction didn't live up to the hype. These muffins on the other hand, are a delicious alternative to the typical pb and j sandwich. 
This is a fairly simple recipe inspired by the vegan banana muffins I made a few weeks ago.  Yes, they're vegan and incredibly good! I'm pretty sure you'll love these muffins as much as I do. Always remember to use good quality, natural peanut butter - avoid hydrogenated oils at all cost! 
Choose your favorite jelly for your filling and be creative with your choice: fig, boysenberry, strawberry, raspberry, apricot, etc.. . Better yet, make your own preserves! I was also thinking since this is a peanut butter banana batter, honey might be a tasty option in the middle instead of jelly. 

Hmmm... I think I'm going to bake some of those tonight! I'll let you know how it goes.
Some may prefer a tall glass of cold milk, I opted for unsweetened green iced tea.

Since the batter consists of peanut butter banana - I had to include an Elvis song...
1)  Elvis:  It's Now or Never
2)  Pink Floyd:  Another Brick in the Wall
3)  Ramones:  Rock n' Roll High School
4)  Neil Young:  Heart of Gold
5)  Ceci Bastida:  Ya Me Voy

•••Pin It•••

15 comments:

  1. It's Peanut Butter Jelly Time!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this dairy-free option. Keep these great ideas coming!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lorraine WalshSeptember 12, 2011

    I made the banana muffins a few week ago and really loved them. I am looking forward to making this variation with peanut butter and jelly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You both always pick great playlists. I also can't wait to try this recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Charlotte V.September 12, 2011

    Yummy!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My husband and kids are going to love these. I am baking a batch tonight. I have some homemade strawberry jelly and can't wait to use it. Thanks for the wonderful idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I made similar muffins to these except they weren't dairy free. I've never baked anything vegan before but I might try these.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Paula JohnsonSeptember 12, 2011

    I just made these after reading your post. OMG! They are really, really good!!! I used grape jelly because that is what I had on hand. I am going to try strawberry next time for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  9. PB & J Muffins are so good! I never thought about adding banana to the mix, sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks and sounds absolutely amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am having this for breakfast tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! This looks so good!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm all about peanut butter and jelly and this just looks so tasty! I can't wait to bake some of these tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMG! Peanut Butter & Jelly Muffins and they're dairy free!!! You made this vegan very happy!

    ReplyDelete