9.12.2011

• DAIRY-FREE PB & J BANANA MUFFINS •


Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches = comfort...Freshly baked muffins = comfort...PB & J Banana Muffins = the ultimate comfort treat!!! 

really like peanut butter and jelly; I think most people do, it's a classic after all. Remember those jars of Smucker's Goober peanut butter and jelly stripes? I honestly think I only tried it once, many, many years ago and I remember that pre-made artificial concoction didn't live up to the hype. These muffins on the other hand, are a delicious alternative to the typical pb and j sandwich. 
This is a fairly simple recipe inspired by the vegan banana muffins I made a few weeks ago.  Yes, they're vegan and incredibly good! I'm pretty sure you'll love these muffins as much as I do. Always remember to use good quality, natural peanut butter - avoid hydrogenated oils at all cost! 
Choose your favorite jelly for your filling and be creative with your choice: fig, boysenberry, strawberry, raspberry, apricot, etc.. . Better yet, make your own preserves! I was also thinking since this is a peanut butter banana batter, honey might be a tasty option in the middle instead of jelly. 

Hmmm... I think I'm going to bake some of those tonight! I'll let you know how it goes.
Some may prefer a tall glass of cold milk, I opted for unsweetened green iced tea.

Since the batter consists of peanut butter banana - I had to include an Elvis song...
1)  Elvis:  It's Now or Never
2)  Pink Floyd:  Another Brick in the Wall
3)  Ramones:  Rock n' Roll High School
4)  Neil Young:  Heart of Gold
5)  Ceci Bastida:  Ya Me Voy

•••Pin It•••

16 comments:

  1. It's Peanut Butter Jelly Time!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this dairy-free option. Keep these great ideas coming!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lorraine WalshSeptember 12, 2011

    I made the banana muffins a few week ago and really loved them. I am looking forward to making this variation with peanut butter and jelly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You both always pick great playlists. I also can't wait to try this recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Charlotte V.September 12, 2011

    Yummy!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My husband and kids are going to love these. I am baking a batch tonight. I have some homemade strawberry jelly and can't wait to use it. Thanks for the wonderful idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I made similar muffins to these except they weren't dairy free. I've never baked anything vegan before but I might try these.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Paula JohnsonSeptember 12, 2011

    I just made these after reading your post. OMG! They are really, really good!!! I used grape jelly because that is what I had on hand. I am going to try strawberry next time for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  9. PB & J Muffins are so good! I never thought about adding banana to the mix, sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks and sounds absolutely amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am having this for breakfast tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! This looks so good!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm all about peanut butter and jelly and this just looks so tasty! I can't wait to bake some of these tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMG! Peanut Butter & Jelly Muffins and they're dairy free!!! You made this vegan very happy!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello,


    We bumped into your blog and we really liked it - great recipes YUM YUM.
    We would like to add it to the Petitchef.com.

    We would be delighted if you could add your blog to Petitchef so that our users can, as us,
    enjoy your recipes.

    Petitchef is a french based Cooking recipes Portal. Several hundred Blogs are already members
    and benefit from their exposure on Petitchef.com.

    To add your site to the Petitchef family you can use http://en.petitchef.com/?obj=front&action=site_ajout_form or just go to Petitchef.com and click on "Add your site"

    Best regards,

    petitchef.com

    ReplyDelete